Thursday, May 17, 2012

Too Late to Turn Back Now

Aaahhh!

I did it!  I signed up for my first 5K run!  Even better, I signed up my husband and sister-in-law too, so I will have some company.  On July 22, we will be running the Shipyard Old Port 5K.  I thought this looked like a great first event, because the after-party has live music and beer, which makes it worth running J

I am making a point of telling everyone about it, because I want no possible opportunity to back out.  I have a feeling that as we draw closer, my nerves are going to overwhelm my excitement, but if I have heavily advertised my participation, I will not be able to bear the shame of telling people I bailed.  I’ve also already paid the money (and ordered a shirt!) so if I don’t run, my husband’s frugal nature will be offended.

Basically, I’m peer-pressuring myself into completing this, and I think it’s going to be successful.  Scratch that, I know it’s going to be successful.  Power of positive thinking and all that, right?

Anyway, my SIL texted me this morning about how excited she is about the race!  This is good, because I feel like I totally blindsided her with the suggestion. I’m happy to know she doesn’t feel strong-armed into the event!

So now it’s for real.  I’ve got the time, I’ve got the place, I’ve got the company, and now I just need to get (and keep) my butt in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment